Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Hopeless Attachment"

I was a dislocated football player

who fumbled love

to a hyper-extended cheerleader

on the sideline.


I didn’t mean to,

but just like listening to a song on the radio,

it happened.

I didn’t like “Blame it on the Alcohol”…when I first heard it…

but I kept hearing it, so I grew tolerant of it.


I opposed everything that song stood for.

Yet, I knew about every damned word to it!

I even laughed at how ridiculous it was!

Still, I chose to listen.


And with no other selection of song to hear,

it turned into the only tune I could turn to.

It became a hopeless attachment

that I couldn’t see myself living without.


So in essence, I began to love it.


Now, I am hyper-extended

from yelling on the sideline

because she dislocated that love

and limped away.


Our time together was everything

but the scoreboard was always broken.

So by the flip of a coin,

our everything was already nothing.


And if nothing is everything and everything is time

than time is nothing.


This song is out of tune.

Reset the scoreboard if you must.

No comments: