Saturday, March 21, 2009

Waiting in Vain...

Okay.
So I was listening to my Bob Marley playlist on iTunes and it began to play "Wait In Vain" off of his Legend Album. Instantly, I found my self relating to most of the poetry in the first verse.
It was one of those, "YOOoooOoO YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!" moments. So for the fact that we share the same first name and same thoughts, I felt obligated to share this.

I don't wanna wait in vain for your love;
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love.

From the very first time I rest my eyes on you, girl,
My heart says follow through.
But I know, now, that I'm way down on your line,
But the waitin' feel is fine:

So don't treat me like a puppet on a string,
cause I know I have to do my thing.
Don't talk to me as if you think I'm dumb;
I wanna know when you're gonna come - soon.

I don't wanna wait in vain for your love;
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love;
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love,

cause if summer is here,
I'm still waiting there;
Winter is here,
And I'm still waiting there.

*I don't plan on feeling like this for long ;)

1 comment: