Friday, January 23, 2009

"Oil slicks, the only rainbows that canvas gray concrete."

The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust!

When I found out about the poetry of Saul Williams in September of 2007, I submerged myself in his work: Slam, The Dead EMCEE scrolls, ,said the shotgun to the head, etc. I found it fascinating at how he addressed the galaxy and all of its positive/negative entanglements in his poems. My "discovery" of Mr. Williams ignited my lyrical liberation and inspired me to work beyond the bar I let others set for me. I don't know when, I don't know how, but one day I would like to meet him and actually present the final version of this piece to him... Oh yea, I wouldn't mind hanging out and sharing visions either, like most artists do. So until then...

-Rob

"Tiggy Nardust"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your work is dope! great use of color and composition. keep doing what you do.